I saw this recipe and I immediately knew I wanted to try it. It’s chicken fajita salad people!!
Ghana is most famous for that loaded, cabbage, or lettuce, baked beans, egg, pasta, tuna salad, coated with lots of mayo salad, It’s yummy, yes, but thinking of that mixture right now makes my tummy ache, all that calories, mmm.
I love salads, you basically toss a bunch of things together and it’s a salad.
Even better when you throw in some meat because I love meat.
So here’s what I learnt from tasty, with a little spin of my own because I am like that.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 to 30 mins
Here’s what you will need.
1. 1 Chicken breast (or two if you like meat like me)
2. 2 large Bell peppers
4. I Cucumber
5. 1 Onion
6. 1 Avocado
7. Salt and Black pepper.
8. 1 Sausage (optional)
9. Salad dressing (4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 Lime, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, salt and black pepper)
What to do.
1. First, make sure your vegetables are washed and dried. So you might want to do this way before you start so they dry out well. There’s something awful about wet vegetables in a salad.
2. Slice Bell Peppers and Onions into semi thick long slices.
3. Put your non stick frying pan on fire and put your chicken breast and bell peppers and opinions in it. Season both well salt and black pepper and any other seasoning you might like. I added some curry, but really just salt and pepper is fine.
4. Let it cook properly, keep stirring the peppers and onions till onions are translucent, and peppers are cooked.
5. Remove peppers and keep cooking that chicken, let it cook well especially if your chicken breast is a bit thick. If you think it’s not cooked through, you can cut it open, it will cook fine.
6. Once your chicken is cooked through, remove from fire.
7. If you’re using sausage like I did, you will want to fry it too.
9. To make your own dressing, add all the ingredients and whisk it well. I love making my own dressing, it’s super easy.
10. Drizzle that delicious dressing over your salad and toss it around, make sure everyone gets a good coat of the dressing.
Viola!!! It’s ready to be loved by you, your mouth is going to love it.
It’s easy, and you can eat it just as it is or with a toast or just throw it in a bun like I did.
You’re gonna love yourself more for this. It’s good for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Hope you try it soon.
Until the next recipe, keep living, keep loving food.